With over 300 pages it can be a challange to navigate our website quickly. Please see the useful video below which outlines the various sections including highlighting what you can and can't do on our website.
The website is navigated via three methods
- Dark blue header menu
- Homepage buttons
- Often clinicians and reception will tell you to complete an online form. This is found on the website homepage rather than a separate section
- E.g. to complete an online form for a sick note. From the homepage select the icon sick notes, then follow the onscreen instructions
- Scroll down to find out more about online forms
- The is also a search function found in the top right of the screen. This has been improved in recent years to be more effective at identifying the correct page.
While mobiles can be used to get around the website, a large screen may be required to read some documents.
Booking appointments online
- This is done via online access e.g. the NHS app
- There are links from the homepage as well on the top banner
- Online bookable appoints are limited. Slots are released the previous working day at 6.00pm
Viewing and interacting with your medical record
- This is also done via online access e.g. the NHS app
- If you want to manage your data e.g. opt out of the various NHS data sharing iniatives then this can be found on the homepage in the 'access your medical record online' section
- This is also where you will find the links to register as a new patient and update your medical record including informing us if you become pregnant
What is an online form?
An online form is made by our patients accessing and completing a form (available through this practice website). These forms are available 24/7/365 and relate to a large number of problems and queries. The form is completely secure and contains a number of questions relating to the specific problem or query. Once completed, it is sent to the practice and reviewed by a member of our team It is then passed to the most appropriate person to be dealt with. We aim to have the forms reviewed within 36 hours if the next day is a working day.
Is this instead of seeing a clinician?
No, and it may be that the doctors or member of the practice team reviewing the online form form decides that a face to face appointment or phone call with a Clinician is the most appropriate way of dealing with the patient’s query or problem.
Will my online form be dealt with by a clinician?
Where appropriate then this will be the case but there are a large number of queries and problems that do not need a doctor to deal with them. Certain queries that don’t need direct clinical involvement will only be accessible as an online form. For example, if you a have been referred to see a specialist and have not had your appointment then this does not need a phone call to the practice. Instead an online form needs to be completed and our admin team will chase your appointment. Another example is if you have changed your details or wish to register with us. These do not require you to contact the practice as they will be available through an online form.
We see online forms as an innovative and accessible way for patients to contact the practice. Online forms can be accessed from a smart phone, tablet or PC removing the need to wait on the phone. We are sure our patients will benefit from this form of access.